Tuesday 22 October 2013

I'm Going To Have To Watch My Back

   Especially after the gag I pulled on Danny Ismond, my pal and morning show host.
   During one of our talks this morning, I told him I'd been out doing my weekly shopping, getting food etc for the suite I'm currently living in. That part was actually true. The rest, not so much.
   I told Danny I needed to get my hearing checked, after a conversation I had with the cashier at the store I was in. I said we started chatting, and she asked if I was new to Yorkton, because she hadn't seen me in the store before.
   I said yes, that I've been here about 2 months, after starting a new job. She asked me where I worked, and I told her at GX 94. I also told Danny she perked up a little when she heard that. I also said she asked me what I do. I said I do the news on the morning show. I told Danny she really perked up when I said that.
   Then I told him that she asked what I thought of Danny Ismond. And I told him my response was "not that much, but he's better than his brother Jimmy". To which I said the look on the cashier's face was puzzled. In fact, it almost suggested I loosen my hat band, or try poking a few more holes in my tinfoil hat
   The look on Danny's face was a mix of shock, stunned disbelief, combined with a tinge of disgust and disdain.
   Which is exactly the look I was going for.
   Then I told him I said to the cashier "Oh. Danny Ismond. I thought you said Donny Osmond"

   "Yeah Danny's a great gut. Donny, I never cared for that much".
   Since Danny's got a reputation for being a bit of a prankster, I think I'm going to have to watch my back.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment