Wednesday 12 February 2014

Something Pretty

   It's my wedding anniversary today. Ours, actually. And in all the years we've been married, I don't think I've given my bride anything 'pretty'. Until now. I've given her grief, I've given her worry. I'm fairly sure I've certainly given her more than one reason to walk out the door and never come back. She never did.
   In all our years together, she's followed me wherever I went. We've lived in 6 different communities in 3 provinces. We've moved a total of 10 times. She's never complained. And I've never giver her anything 'pretty'. Until now:
   That little pendant is silver, with a gold spike and a certified Canadian diamond from the Ekati diamond mine, northeast of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. She's never asked for anything like it, and I know she never would. But sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do.
   Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for supporting me, especially in the many rough times we've been through.
   Thank you for being you. Happy Anniversary, darling.

TTFN

  

No comments:

Post a Comment