Monday 2 December 2013

Winter Tire Woes

   So, today's the day. I'm getting winter tires put on my car. For the first time ever. In my more than 40 years of driving, I've never had a set of winter skins, but that's going to change today. Primarily due to the fact I'm still making the commute between Yorkton and Regina, and with highway conditions the way they were yesterday, I'm overdue.
   In fact, I was supposed to have my winter treads put on last week. I drove to the dealer, had the car put into the shop, was told it's be an hour or so, and went to lunch. When I got back to the shop, they told me there was a problem. They said I had locking lug nuts on the wheels, and they couldn't find the key. A search of my glove box and trunk turned up no trace of it.
   So, I called the dealership in Regina to find out what was going on. They said it should be right on top of the spare tire, which it wasn't. Fortunately, I got the lug nuts changed out, meaning new winter tires can go on today.
   The horrifying part about this is the fact A: I wasn't told there were locking lug nuts installed on my wheels. And B: Could not find any key. I'm just counting myself lucky I didn't get a flat during the months I'd been driving, blissfully unaware that had I had a puncture on the highway, I would have been pooched!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment