Thursday 26 December 2013

What Did You Do For Christmas?

   Since I'm still doing the commute thing between Yorkton and Regina, and since I worked both the day before Christmas and Boxing Day, there wasn't any real point in trying to get home. As I believe I've already mentioned in an earlier post, this was the first Christmas in over 30 years I was unable to spend with my wife. It was also the first I was unable to spend with my kids.
   So, I took the day off, and was lazy. I slept in until 8:30 (I'm usually up at 4:00), called my wife to wish her "Merry Christmas", got Christmas wish texts from both our kids, and replied, then sat down and watched movies.
   It was the first, and probably only, time I've watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in one go:
   It was a 9 hour event, broken up by the need to feed and use the washroom, but I got through it. Am I glad I did it? Yeah, I am. and I'd probably do it again if the chance presented itself, not that it likely will.
   Have I seen the Hobbit yet? No, I haven't, but I likely will, not that that was my favourite book.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment