Thursday 4 December 2014

Still Getting Spam

   It's been about 5 months since I blogged about new rules governing spam e-mails, where corporations and/or entities doing so could face things like fines. The whole idea was to keep in-boxes from being flooded with garbage like this:



Costco
       WHOLESALE

Our online store Costco.com received an order and the personal data of the recipient coincide with yours.
You may get your order in the nearest Local Store.

Attention! Your order can be reserved within 4 days.


   And this:



You are still able to qualify! Affordable coverage has not expired yet. Act now to get a quote at no commitment.

- Quick and Fast Quotes

- Health Care Plans For All Situations

- The Nation's Top Healthcare Providers

- Protect yourself and your family..

Get coverage here right now: 

   Which I've been getting quite a bit of just this week alone. I have not (nor ever would) signed up to be on their mailing list of these and other spammers, and yet the legislation enacted this summer is supposed to keep these at bay. I have, in fact, made good use of the "unsubscribe" tab on an awful lot of other email, but the examples I gave don't have it. And I'm not about to hit "reply" on any of them, over concerns about inadvertently downloading a nasty bug or something.
   I simply mark them as "junk", which doesn't really help, since they come from different senders. I guess I'll have to talk to my techie to see what, if anything, he can do to keep this stuff out of my in-box.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment