Tuesday 16 December 2014

41 Years Later, It's Still Selling

   Good music will be around forever. Need proof? 41 years after it was released, Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" is back on the Billboard top 200 album list. It's at #13 (thanks to cheap pricing on Google Play).
   Since it was originally released in 1973, the album has spent a total of 889 weeks on the charts. That's 17 YEARS in total. Not bad!
   Dark Side is and has been one of my favorite all-time albums. I've bought 3 copies since it originally came out. 2 on vinyl (I played the first copy until there wasn't much left but scratches) and on CD. And, yes, I still listen to it, fake heartbeat and all. It is a timeless classic, much as the Beatles Sgt Peppers or the Eagles Hotel California
   And I still like the closing line: "There is no dark side of the moon. As a matter of fact, it's all dark".

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment