Monday 8 December 2014

Godzilla Is Back Home

   Toho pictures in Japan is going to re-launch the king-sized monster with his original producers. Godzilla stomped into Tokyo more than 60 years ago in 1954, and has made 28 appearances since. Toho cut all ties with Godzilla in 2004. So why the decision to bring him back? Simple. The latest version (Godzilla 2014) has made 500 million dollars.
   Will I be watching the Japanese re-launch? Is sushi made with seaweed? I loved the vast majority of those old movies, the ones made in Japan at least. In fact, the night before my wedding, I was up watching the original black and white Godzilla. With a guy in a rubber suit, and that rubber foot smashing down on "Tokyo".
   I'll admit, I've never been a fan of the American re-boots, but if Toho is going to bring him back (hopefully closer to the original), then yeah! I'll watch it!.
   And a note for trivia fans: Godzilla's "roar" was someone drawing a rosined up leather glove over the de-tuned strings of a stand-up bass fiddle.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment