Monday 8 September 2014

Winter Is Coming

   And I'm glad I don't live in Alberta anymore. Those red blobs are areas where there's a snowfall warning in effect with up to 5 cm expected. The grey areas are special weather statements, advising about the possibility of the first significant snowfall event of the year. In addition to Alberta, far northeastern B.C is also under a snowfall warning, with 10 cm, or 4 inches, possible.
   We here in Saskatchewan are getting off relatively lucky. There's a chance of frost later this week in more western areas, but so far nothing in the Yorkton region. Which is more than fine with me. I'm literally still recovering from last winter, with the brutally cold "polar vortexes" we had. And all the snow. One shoulder still hurts from shoveling it (and pushing the car out of where I got it stuck), so as far as I'm concerned, Alberta and B.C: You can keep the snow.
   As they say in the TV series "Game of Thrones": Winter is coming. I'd just like to see it delayed until November, as would a lot of farmers still waiting to get their fall combining started. But since we won't likely see a late winter, we can always hope it won't be as vicious as last years.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment