Thursday 25 September 2014

Success...Again

   Last year during GX94's "Supper in the Field", I got to drive a combine. Last night at the farm of Randy and Kelly Nieckar in Rama, I got to do it again. It wasn't a long trip, just a quick rip through 2 swaths of wheat, but at least I got to drive one of these monsters again.
   And yes, it was just as big a blast as the first time on the final fall supper in the field of 2013 at the farm of David and Helen Sytnyk near Oakburn, Manitoba.
   One added benefit this year was GX94 overnight/weekend announcer Nikki White getting her first chance to drive one. I honestly don't know who was more excited about the opportunity to do it. I do know there was a high 10 between us when we got out of the machines.
   Would I do it again? How about tomorrow, if I got the chance. I think I mentioned back in October of last year that it was great to be able to pull a few swathes off over half an hour or so. Doing it for 8, 10, 12 or even 14 hours a day might get a little tedious.
   Thanks to Randy and Kelly Nieckar for their hospitality, and the chance to get "Craig in a Combine". I'm thinking this could turn into an annual event.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment