Monday 15 September 2014

Happy Monday

   I'm so glad and lucky to work where I work. And have the wonderful wife I've been married to for 31 years. This morning, I brought in one of her scratch-built chocolate cakes for the gang to enjoy (which they did).
   I also used the occasion to break out one of the many hats I have in my collection. This one just happens to be a steam-punk leather top-hat I bought at a shop in Saskatoon about 2 years ago. The goggles were a Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law.
   You can't see it, but there are 3 gears on the front of the hat, and I downloaded the tag the Mad Hatter of Alice in Wonderland fame had on his. Again, you can't see it, but it's 10/6. And no, I haven't got a clue what that's supposed to mean.
   The recipe for the cake is a closely guarded secret, but I can tell you it's one my wife's had for more than 30 plus years. And it's scrumptious! The cake is moist, the icing is sweet enough to hurt your teeth (which is a good thing).
   Thanks darling from the rest of the crew and myself.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment