Monday 6 October 2014

The Big Time

   I've finally made it. A recipe I submitted last year has been added to the 2014 GX94 Christmas Cheer cookbook put out by Tonya Cherry. All proceeds from the sale of these stay in the community they're sold in, so I'm thrilled my drink made the grade.
   It's for my favorite cocktail from back in the day before I quit drinking. It's the Manhattan. Take 1 1/2 ounces of your favorite whiskey, add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth, a dash of bitters then shake or stir. Pour it in a glass and add a maraschino cherry. Yum!
   Thanks Tonya for adding this, and I hope you sell the cookbooks out (again). And after missing my opportunity to buy one last year, as soon as I heard they were on sale to staff this morning, I snapped one up. I can't wait to see what's in there!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment