Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Olympics Are Getting Closer

   In fact, the 22nd Winter Olympiad in Sochi, Russia starts February 6th. Admittedly, I'm not a fanatic about them, but one sport I will be keeping a very close eye on is the snowboarding competition. Specifically the men's Free Style and Big Air events.
   Why? That's easy to answer. It's because of this young man:
   That's Mark McMorris, and unless you're from a different planet, you'll know he's the Saskatchewan man who's made a huge impression on the sport, winning not a few medals at the Winter X-Games over the years.
   His dad,of course, is Saskatchewan's Highway and Infrastructure Minister, and is also the SaskParty MLA for Indian Head-Milestone.
   I'm not sure, but I'm assuming dad will be in Russia to cheer on his son (along with the rest of Saskatchewan, if not Canada) when he competes.
   I hope Mark brings home the Gold!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment