Monday 6 January 2014

No Longer AFK

   It's true, I'm back. Had a good week off, managing to pay some outstanding bills related to our move to Yorkton, now just 3 weeks away.
   But I must say I'm not a big fan of the weather we've been having the past few weeks. It seems we've been stuck under what's being called a "Polar Vortex", which has been continually been pumping the frigid air on most of the continent. That's brought brutal cold to areas as far south as Georgia in the U.S.
   We are in for a break, though. Temperatures will moderate by Friday, with the high forecast at -5. But that's going to bring problems of another sort. As I'm still commuting, I'll need to watch out for pavement frost. And there's the possibility of snow as well.
   And just to put everything in perspective, from what I managed to glean, the temperature at the North Pole today was -16. It was a balmy -9 at the South Pole, but of course it's summer down there.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment