Monday 23 March 2015

No, It Hasn't

   Friday saw the sun cross the equator, meaning spring has come to the northern hemisphere. But old man winter is going to give our area one last kick before hopefully leaving us alone for the next several months.
   The Yorkton area is in store for up ti 15 cm (6 inches) of snow through Wednesday, with the majority hitting tomorrow night. There's even a special weather statement out for the entire region, and in fact most of Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
   This comes after nearly all the snow we'd had all winter was gone (save for a few pockets here and there). A system tracking in from the Pacific northwest is responsible. And while it's nothing like they've had in the Maritimes or along the U.S east coast, it's still a wallop we were hoping not to get. But it is March, which can be a cruel month.
   And I'm not to blame for this, either. I have not yet switched my winter tires over to my spring ones. I have not yet stored my big winter boots away for the season. Neither my wife or I have had our winter coats dry-cleaned and put in storage yet. And I have not washed the car.
   But, it is what it is, and the good news is it's going to stay relatively warm, meaning the dump, if we do get it, won't last long.
   Happy shovelling!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment