Thursday 10 July 2014

The Final Is Set

   And it was Argentina over Netherlands 4-2 on penalty kicks after neither could penetrate the others defenses in 90 minutes of regulation and 30 minutes of additional time. Compared to the Germany, Brazil game Tuesday, this one seemed lackluster on the surface. It wasn't on the pitch, even despite the lack of scoring.
   As mentioned, both teams were evenly matched, perhaps a bit too evenly, and no one could score, despite some good chances on both sides.
   So the final 2 games are set for this weekend, with the Dutch:
   Against Brazil:
   Saturday in the 3rd place game. A game I will miss. I'm going to be in Regina at an event my wife has been looking forward to for a year, planning for months, and tickets bought in May. And since she doesn't drive, I will be the chauffeur. Every year, one of the dance academies in Regina has what they call the "secret garden" tour as a fundraiser.
   Basically, people volunteer to open their backyard gardens to the public to showcase what they've done. It runs the gamut from people just starting out, to homes where professionals take care of everything. I myself don't know the difference between a gladiola and zinnia, but my wife does. So, that's where I'll be.
   On Sunday, I will be glued to the T.V for the Germany
   Argentina
    Final match. Now, I just have to decide who to cheer for.

TTFN

PS: Just a quick note of interest. The match will be watched by Popes from the 2 nations this Sunday (after Mass, of course). Former Pope Benedict XVI is German. Pope Francis 1 is Argentinian. The Vatican has not said if the 2 will watch the match together.

No comments:

Post a Comment