Tuesday 15 July 2014

On Tour

   I'm the first to  admit it. I'm not a gardener, or really that much of a fan of flowers etc. But my wife is. For the past 7 years, her and several of her friends have gone on what's called the "Secret Garden Tour" in Regina. It's a fundraiser put on by a dance academy, and basically people open up their backyards to let others see just how does their garden grow.
   In the past, there have been some gardens outside Regina that were included, but this year, there were 3. In Indian Head, about 55 km east of the city. This was one of the gardens we visited there, and probably the best on the entire tour:
   Not that the others were nothing but weed patches. Far from it. It's just that this was the only garden that rated a "Shut Up!" from the ladies I chauffeured Saturday. Apparently, "Shut Up!" is the highest praise they give to a garden.
   The last stop on our tour was interesting, even to an admitted non-gardener, for the design in the front yard:
   Having said already my wife loves to garden, she ran into a few problems this year, which prevented her from going all-out. Still, with the limited resources (and the poor spring we had) she came up with what I feel is a great effort:
 
   I'm sure when we get the yard a bit nicer next year, her garden will get a "Shut Up!" rating as well.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment