Monday 7 July 2014

That's A Lot Of Bull

   Especially when several of them are coming at you on a torrent of hooves, horns and ornery bovine. It's the annual "running of the bulls" in Pamplona, Spain where several bulls are released, and people literally dodge death avoiding them. And although this is the first day of the festival, 4 people have been gored.
   I understand why people do it. For the rush. I'll be the first to admit I'm not much of a thrill seeker, so having several 2 thousand pound ticked off mad cows stampeding in my direction is not on my bucket list.
   The festival, according to some records, goes back to 1215, and was immortalised in Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises" novel in 1926.
   It's true I like my steak on the rare side, but not so rare to be thundering down a narrow street directly at me!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment