Friday 6 June 2014

World Cup Fever

   I've been getting it every 4 years for quite some time, and the 2014 fever hits June 12th. National football (NOT soccer) teams are gathering in Brazil for the month long World Cup, but the winner may already be known.
   EA Sports ran a simulation through the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil video game, and Germany won the tournament on a Miroslav Klose goal in extra time, 2-1 over the host nation. Now I'm not saying I'm overly skeptical, but EA Sports also ran a simulation of the current Stanley Cup final earlier this year, and said Boston won in 6 games over San Jose. I think I'll be taking their World Cup prediction with a grain or 4 of salt.
   As for who I'm supporting: England. And hopefully, they won't get knocked out this year. If they do, I'll support Italy.
   And there's one positive change from the 2010 World Cup in South Africa: No annoying vuvuzelas!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment