Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Power Of Social Media

   It's something I was aware of. Things like facebook, twitter and other social media are becoming more important in people's lives. Mine included, since I'm on FB personally as well as professionally, and issue tweets all morning, just job related. So, I'm aware what impact and force social media has.
   But it was really driven home yesterday after I posted at item on the GX94 facebook page:
   "People share a lot of stuff on facebook, quite often meaningless. Lets see how many shares this gets. R.I.P."
   I was a little astounded when I checked the shares this item got. As of this morning, and less than 20 hours after I posted it, that one little item had more than 375 "shares", and had reached 13,700 people.
   I just did it as an experiment, and granted there are a lot more facebook postings that get a lot more shares and reaches than this one did. But it shows in our area the impact it has on people, and how people react.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment