Tuesday 17 September 2019

The "To Do" List Is Getting Shorter

   And that's because I managed to at least start one chore that's needed doing for months, if not years. I applied the 1st coat of stain to the stairs at the back of our house. They're wood, and hadn't had any protection put on them since they were installed. and with the back of the house facing south, and a PVC fence that traps heat, it can get like an oven there.
   As I found out when staining the steps. I did it Sunday, when the temperature was about 30 Celsius. Needless to say, the wood soaked up the stain like nothing. A 2nd coat will be needed, just to even things out. The colour we chose was a medium-dark charcoal grey, which my wife likes. I'm not too sure about it, but we're stuck with it now. I'll try and get it done this weekend, weather permitting. At least it's not supposed to be as hot.
   Which leaves the front steps/porch/veranda. We did the support columns and trim of the verandas in the same dark grey a few years ago, but used varnish on the decking and stairs. We're thinking of going the same charcoal colour we used on the back stairs for that as well, although I'd prefer just the grey trim, and re-varnish it instead. But that's another project for another time. Most likely spring.
   But I did manage to get one item off the Honey-Do list.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment