Thursday 4 July 2019

All Good Things Must End

   Normally, I do not post 2 items on a single day. But given the brevity of my previous blog, and the fact this happened today, you get a bonus.
   Not a very happy one either, because a good chunk of my, and millions of others, childhood is ending.
   After 67 years, Mad Magazine, the goofy, irreverent, and lets face it funny, publication will no longer be published. At least, not any new content, starting next month. Any new issues will be previously released content with a new cover. As well, the magazine will only be available in comic stores, and to subscribers. The publisher, DC Comics, has refused so far to say why the magazine is being pulled from newsstands.
   I used to buy it every month when I was a kid, and loved the satirical articles, Alfred E. Newman on the front cover, things like "Spy vs. Spy", and, of course, the folding back cover.
  For all intents and purposes, RIP Mad Magazine.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment