Monday 19 March 2018

This Is The Week

   The battle for Bar-B-Cue sauce supremacy for 2018 will be decided this Friday in Yorkton. The annual Ducks Unlimited fundraiser is on, and it's been moved up 6 weeks or so from the normal date in May, due, apparently, to some scheduling conflicts.
   And for the second year in a row, one of my sauces will represent our station, GX94 as we go head to head with our sister station Fox FM, CTV Yorkton, the weekly newspaper and The Rock, another local station.
   And we're out for blood this year. We narrowly lost to our sister station last year, with another one of my sauces picking up the silver. Which is not good enough! I went back to the drawing board, sifted through my recipes and came up with what I feel will be the winner this year. If it is, I'll post it on this forum.
   Once again, not that it's a hardship, we have to use one of the craft beers brewed by Back 40 Brewery in town. The most difficult task was choosing one to use. But, after sampling several of them (okay, just 4), I picked one that went into the sauce.
   It will be served with the other entries, with guests at the banquet sampling all of them of ribs or chicken. I've tried my sauce on both. I feel it goes well with either. But, we'll have to wait until Friday evening when the public decides.

No comments:

Post a Comment