Thursday 5 January 2017

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down

   During our morning chat today on GX94, morning show host Danny Ismond and I talked about a very expensive fish. Lunar New Year festivities are coming up shortly in Asian parts of the world, and one tradition in Japan is the auction of Blue Fin Tuna for sushi.
   This year's record price for a 212 kilogram, or 467 pound, tuna was 612 thousand dollars. The owner of a sushi restaurant chain made the purchase, taking the prize fish for the 6th year in a row. And even 612 thousand dollars isn't a record price, either. The same restaurant owner forked over 1 million dollars for a Blue Fin in 2013.
   During the course of our daily chat today, I asked Danny if he'd ever had sushi. I must admit I was taken slightly aback when he said "no", and didn't think he could. It was only after the mic went off I told him I'd bring some in for him to try Friday. And I promised no "icky" stuff. He agreed, so I'll bring in a tray of (store bought) California roll or something, including wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce and we'll try it live tomorrow about 8:40 Saskatchewan time.
   Me, I love sushi. In fact, I have it at least once a week, if not more. In fact, I used to make my own, but had to stop since myself and one of our sons liked it, while my wife and other son don't.
   I'll post Danny's reaction tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment