Wednesday 25 January 2017

Happy Robbie Burns Day

   It is the 258th birthday of Scottish poet and lyricist Robert Burns. He's widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland, and penned such notable works as "Auld Lang Syne", "Scots Wha Hae" and "To A Louse".
   It's also a night of Robbie Burns suppers, where haggis
   Is brought in by a piper, and ritually "slain" while "Address To A Haggis" is read. Haggis is a dish I've never had, nor do I want to. In years past, I was known to enjoy a "wee dram" of Scottish Wine. And while I'm not Scots, I have also been known in years past to don the kilt:

   I did not this year, but I'll likely wear it again next year (I go on a 2 year rotation).
   For those of you who are of Scottish descent: Happy Robbie Burns Day! For the rest of us:

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment