Saturday 8 October 2016

I Thought This Was Apropos

   Especially given the early start to winter we had the past few days. Not a lot of snow in our area, but parts of Saskatchewan did get blanketed by up to 20 cm (8 inches) this past week. And even smaller amounts of the white stuff was enough to halt harvesting operations across the region, if not most of our province and Manitoba.
   I'm not exactly a picture of sartorial splendor at the best of times, nor will I ever be considered a fashion diva. But (aside from Saturdays, like today) I never wear t-shirts to work. Well, until last Thursday. And again, it was simply down to the weather. And my wife suggesting I do it:
   I got that shirt last month at the Saskatoon Comic-Con. And it does in fact say "Winter is here", referencing the HBO series "Game of Thrones" which, thanks to my wife, I started watching. Fans will know the Stark family was always saying "Winter is coming", but with the series now moving toward a conclusion, the Ice King
   Is marshaling his frozen, un-dead forces for the "final showdown". And if early indications prove correct, that battleground might well be in my region, since we're in store for a snowy, cold winter.
   All of which brings me back to my shirt. I think the expression on my face (along with the "thumbs down") pretty much sums up what an awful lot of people feel about the early start to winter.
   Anyone have any Valerian steel?

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment