Friday 20 May 2016

I'm Being 'Sharked'

   At least, that's the term we use when it comes to my furry buddy above. We're pretty sure he's part Siamese (or just all crazy), but one of his habits is walking in circles around our kitchen, dining and living rooms. It's an "open" floor plan. He doesn't just do it once or twice, but several times. It's almost like a shark circling it's prey, hence our term.
   While it is a little annoying to have him do this, it's gotten worse, and is now affecting my sleep pattern, leaving me exhausted even before I get into the office at 04:00. He's gotten into his little kitty brain that it's a good idea to jump up at the foot of the bed, walk (or 'shark') around me, including walking over my head, then down the other side before jumping off the foot of the bed.
   As bad as that is, he's decided to "rinse and repeat" doing this several times. Last night, it wasn't too bad, since he started about 10:00 p.m. What irks me is when he decides it's nice to do it at 01:30! It's also wakened my wife, who gets up about an hour after me so she can head to work.
   I've tried shoving him off the bed, and all I get is a loud "meow", and him jumping right back up to start the whole thing again. Fortunately, he'll likely drop doing this in a week or so, and get back to what passes for 'normal' for him.

   And a quick note: I'm off on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I won't be posting until June 6th. I'm looking forward to some "down time" to re-charge the batteries. And hopefully not have a cat 'sharking' me at night.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment