Friday 13 May 2016

It's Friday The 13th

   And there's good news for anyone suffering from Triskaidekaphobia, the fear of Friday the 13th. This will be the only one for 2016, unlike last year when there were 3. That was February, March and November.
   I'm not sure where the whole thing started, but there are indications that the day is unlucky going back to Biblical times, if not earlier. A lot more recently: Buildings never used to have a 13th floor, going from 12 to 14.
   And the list of superstitions related to the day is interesting, to say the least. For example; if you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, someone in your family will die. If a black cat crosses your path, you break a mirror or walk under a ladder, you'll have bad luck. And if you're born on a Friday the 13, you'll have bad luck ALL YOUR LIFE. At least, according to superstition.
   I don't believe in any of this. In fact, I busted a mirror chasing a black cat under a ladder on my way for a haircut on 1 of the 3 Friday the 13th's last year. Nothing happened to me. And I believe nothing ever will. It's just another Friday ahead of the weekend, which I hope you all enjoy!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment