Friday 9 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving Canada

   The Thanksgiving long weekend is once again upon us in Canada, as people will be preparing a gigantic meal with all the trimmings. An awful lot of folks will also be traveling home to see family and friends in what's likely the last snow-free long weekend of the year.
   Our family will be no different. Our "kids" will be coming up for a visit (and a home-cooked meal). But, as I believe I've stated in the past, we won't be tucking into a turkey this weekend. There's an enzyme in turkey that plays havoc with my digestive tract, and does lots of very unpleasant things. So, we'll forgo the gobbler, and just roast a couple of chickens instead. That still means stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy etc.
   As for dessert, my wife will probably make a nice apple pie, rather than pumpkin. She'd prefer pumpkin, but I can't stand the stuff, and firmly believe that this is how such oies are actually made:
   Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian viewers!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment