Monday 6 April 2015

Hope You Had A Happy Easter

   Despite a few skiffs of snow, we certainly did. I enjoyed having a long weekend (they're always enjoyable), and the "boys" made it up for dinner last night, meaning mom was ecstatic.
   As for the Easter treats, well, I'm way to old for those. But the weekend did have me looking back on my childhood, and what we used to do for Easter for our guys.
   When I was growing up, an egg hunt around the house was always the thing to do Sunday morning. There was always a basket with the traditional chocolate bunny and a few candy-coated eggs to go along with that.
   When our guys were little, we'd do the same for them. But my wife (ever the creative person) would try and get some hay to spread outside the house, and told the boys it was for the Easter Bunny as he hopped his way from house to house.
   Needless to say, my sister and I would always eat way to many treats, and weren't able to have much of the traditional turkey dinner my mom prepared for us. If I remember right, it was the same for our kids, even though we'd tell them to ration their stuff to make it last.
   I hope you all had a good Easter as well.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment