Tuesday 12 August 2014

A Huge Loss

   Robin Williams was a very funny man. He died yesterday at age 63 after an apparent suicide. He will be greatly missed. Williams was by far one of my favourite comedians of all time. And like so many comedians, he had many internal demons he fought for years. That included alcohol and substance abuse, and severe depression.
   It almost seems to me as if he hid his internal struggles under a facade of humor. Externalizing the funny man many so loved for his ability to make us laugh.
   For those of you who may not believe it, depression is real. And it hurts. I know. I've got first hand experience with that battle, and just how close to the razor-sharp edge people can get. Unfortunately, Robin Williams fell over that edge.
R.I.P Robin Williams, you will be missed. Thanks for the many years of laughs you gave.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment