Friday 9 August 2019

Football's Back!

   With apologies to the millions of fans of the North American game, I'm talking REAL football. Played with the foot and a ball. Commonly known as soccer. I've said in the past I'm not a huge fan of most sports. The big exception is European football (soccer). Specifically the Barclay's English Premier League. and the team I support is none other than
   In fact, I've been a fan of them for more than half a century, going back to the days when CBC Sports used to have "Match of the Day" every Saturday afternoon. Why United? I really can't say. I have no connection at all with Manchester. I've never even been there, although a dream that will go unfilled is to take in a United game at Old Trafford with 76 thousand others.
   United did not (for them) have a stellar 2018-19 season, ending up 5th on the table. But with a new manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, they did have a good 2nd half of the season.
   League action starts today, with the Red Devils playing their season opener Sunday against one of their arch-rivals, Chelsea.
   Go Devils!!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment