Friday 10 May 2019

A Facial Hair Update

   At the end of last month (April 27) I posted about an accident I had while trimming my goatee, when the length guide fell off, and I took a strip out of it, necessitating my going almost completely bare-faced for the first time in years (see Oops!).
   While the goatee was, and for now remains, off, I kept the moustache. I also mused about getting some moustache wax to keep the stray hairs in place, and give it a little shape. However, in this day and age not many men have longer moustaches, and finding the wax locally was impossible.
   So, I turned to the on-line supplier I use for my shaving gear, and found several different types, and scents, of said product.
   This is what was delivered a few days later:

   It works well, although I'll spare you from having to see any pictures of the 'stash. To quote from the bottle, it's Ylang Ylang wax, plus other ingredients, and billed as "The Gentleman's Stiffener, keeping a stiff upper lip regardless". It can even handle the heat and steam from my morning cup of coffee, although I do need to re-apply a bit afterwards.
   It goes on quite well, and is pliable enough to work into the cookie-duster before giving it a final shape.
   I'm new to using a wax, and am still figuring out exactly how much I should apply. But, in a few weeks, I should get the results I'm after. Is this a little vain? Perhaps.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment