Tuesday 29 November 2016

No. Just No.

   Apparently, this is (or was) a real thing. A British company put this together for gamers, so they didn't have to leave their console/computer to cook a traditional Christmas dinner. There are 9 layers, each supposedly "locked" in gelatin. This was (again supposedly) put out in 2013 as a trial in one store. And, if what I read was right, it sold fairly well.
   I'm a gamer. In fact, I've been known to be "locked into" my computer concentrating on not getting ganked by the Horde in World of Warcraft. But I also dis-connect myself from it, and re-enter the "real world" occasionally. Especially if there's food involved.
   Not that I haven't been known to snack at the computer, but full meals require my full attention. And what's pictured above, at least for me, does not qualify as a "meal". Not that I haven't ingested some questionable food in the past. When I was starting my career in radio almost 38 years ago, I existed on canned stew (which I can't even look at even today).
   Not that I'm dissing canned food, far from it. But looking at the ingredients in the monstrosity above is almost enough to put me off my chow. And that takes some doing.
   And how do you eat it? Is it meant to be served cold? For obvious reasons, you don't want to mix it all together, so do you simply heat it in the tin in hot water? Oh, yeah. The cost for this Yule Time delicacy is 1 pound 99 (in British money), about $3.35 Canadian per tin.
   I'm just glad this isn't coming to Canada any time soon.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment