Tuesday 19 January 2021

Catching Up

    An interesting trek to the office this morning. I was just pulling in to the parking spot I use about 03:45, when I noticed some headlights also entering the lot. I was juggling keys, my mask, gloves and extension cord to plug the car in at the time. Thinking it was a co-worker, I closed my car door to let that person into the adjacent spot. But they never did! It was an RCMP member


   Checking to see what someone was doing in the parking lot of the building we share with the provincial court that early in the morning. The officer asked if I worked here, I told him I did, and where I worked. We each said a pleasant "good morning" to each other, and carried on with our day.

   In the 7+ years I've worked here, that is the 1st time ever anyone has checked on me. And I'm in rather august company! the gentleman who dies morning news on our sister FM station (and occasionally on ours some weekends) says he had a similar experience New Years Day when he arrived at 03:45!

   And this past weekend while out grocery shopping, I did the Dumb Thing. I was juggling keys, gloves and my mask as I was leaving the car. I hit the auto-door lock on the way out, and closed the door. With my keys still inside. A quick call to our automobile association, and a 30 minute wait, and all was okay. I hadn't locked my keys in a car for over a dozen years before this past weekend. Yes, it was embarrassing, but it happens all the time.


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment