Tuesday 18 September 2018

He's A Trooper

   GX94 morning show host Danny Ismond was well out of his comfort zone again, thanks to me. Quite a while ago, he tried sushi for the very first time. And did not like it. He did say he's tried it again a few times, and now likes it a bit better.
   I don't know if that's the case with what I brought today
   That's Kimchi, a Korean dish made from cabbage, onion, other veggies, shrimp and red pepper powder, which is then left to ferment for a day or so. It is a bit spicy, and has a definite "tang" from fermentation. I like it. In fact, I've been known to add it to ramen noodle soups, won ton soup and even hot dogs.
   I decided to bring in some microwaveable rice to mix it with, since it can be a strong taste when you're not used to it. It also has a rather pungent aroma, which I think Danny found a bit off-putting. Still, he mixed the Kimchi in with the rice, and ate it. Will he again? I doubt it, but like the sushi, he may develop a taste for it.
   Thanks for being a good sport Danny!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment