Friday 5 May 2017

It's Tonight

   It is the "big night" as Ducks Unlimited holds their annual fundraising dinner and, more importantly for us, the "Saucy Duck" bar-b-que sauce competition. GX94 morning show host Danny Ismond and myself came up with what we think is a good sauce. One stipulation all competitors had was the entry had to include one of the craft beers from the Back 40 Brewery. And since we're a country station, and since Danny is known as our "man in black" (he likes black tee and golf shirts), and since the beer we chose was a dark porter, we decided to call it "Hey Porter", in tribute to the old Johnny Cash song.
   Aside from the porter, there's lime zest and juice, ketchup, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and Jerk blend seasoning in it. The recipe I don't have at my fingertips right now. All I do know is it's got quite a kick to it! Will we regain the title? I hope so. Out of the 4 competitions so far, Danny's won one, I've won one, our sister station Fox FM has won, and so has our local CTV station.
   Whatever the outcome, it's going to be a delicious night with ribs, chicken etc on tap. I'll have an update Monday.
   Happy Cinco de Mayo!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment