Tuesday 13 December 2016

...And What A Delicious Meal It Was!

   Saturday, I blogged that I'd been given a recipe by GX94 mid-day host Tonya Cherry to prepare. It was a chop-suey, with my choice of meat. It was "pork day" at home, so that's what I did. She also wanted lots of pictures:



   Which I was happy to provide. My ever creative wife also suggested we do a "staged" one for show purposes. And. since she loves doing displays, I figured "what the hell":
   As for the meal, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. It really was that good! In fact, it's going into the stir-fry meal rotation.
   As for the recipe, here it is:
Chop Suey recipe from Florence Bodnarchuk of Canora:
Beef, chicken or pork thinly sliced.
Small onion, large dice.
3 stems Bok Choy, cut diagonally
1 to 2 celery sticks, cut diagonally
1 cup cabbage
1 can bean sprouts
1 can mushrooms
1 can bamboo shoots
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
**She says she uses whatever vegetables are available like peppers, carrots cauliflower etc.
Put 2 tbsp oil in a wok or skillet and heat. Add meat and cook until almost done. Add onion, soya sauce, sugar and the remaining vegetables and continue stir-frying. Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (or chicken or beef stock) and cook for a few minutes. Add corn starch solution to thicken. Serve with your favourite rice or noodles.

   If you like stir-fry, this is definitely worth doing, and was scrumptious.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment