Tuesday 16 February 2016

Not A Great Weekend (Somewhat Tongue In Cheek)

   It wasn't. Many parts of Canada, including Saskatchewan, celebrated "Family Day" yesterday. Why? Well, if memory serves (and it usually doesn't) the February holiday was added to break up the monotony of winter, since it can be a long haul between New Years Day and Easter.
   Normally, it would be a great weekend, but not this year. My poor wife has a terrible cold, so I had to help her out around the house. Not that I don't try to already, but I did get the laundry done for her, in addition to cooking and (a little) cleaning.
   It was also "free fishing weekend" in Saskatchewan, one of 2 held every year, with the 2nd one in the summer. That means anyone who wants to try angling can do so without a license on most waterways in the province.
   I used to do quite a bit of ice fishing many decades ago, and quite enjoyed it, even at -25 C. I had been thinking about grabbing the rod and heading out to one of the lakes. But then I remembered other times in the past when I went "ice-fishing", only to have this happen to my "catch" when I got it home and tried to cook it:
Cue the agonized groans.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment