Friday 5 February 2016

It's Superbowl Weekend

   The 50th edition of the NFL championship game is Sunday between the Carolina Panthers:
   And Denver Bronco's
   Who will be playing for the Vince Lombardi trophy at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. An awful lot of people I know will be watching Sunday. I won't. And there are a few reasons why. The biggest one is I'm not a big fan of "American Football", with their shorter, narrower fields and 4 downs, rather than 3. Not that I hate NFL football, far from it. I have been known to watch a game or 2 (or more) in the past. But since "my" team's not in it, I don't really care. It's rather like the Grey Cup in the CFL. I didn't watch last year's finale, because "my" team wasn't in it.
   Another reason is simply that the title game itself is usually not the best quality football you'll see. Neither team want's to make that one mistake which could cost them the title. Not that the play outright sucks, it's just (from my limited perspective) not the best.
   A 3rd reason is the half-time show. I don't like Beyonce's music. Nor do I like Bruno Mars or Coldplay for that matter. The reason can be boiled down to one factor. Me. I'm getting to be an "old fart". I like the music I grew up with, and it ain't Beyonce, Bruno Mars or Coldplay.
   But the biggest reason I won't be watching is one of the reasons a lot of people do. The ad's. We in Canada don't get the U.S commercials. At least not until next year, when the CRTC will actually allow American commercials to be shown, rather than subbing in Canadian ones. For a whole lot of people, it's the ads they tune in for.
   I guess I'll just have to watch them on YouTube.
   As for the 50th Super Bowl: Go team go!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment