Monday 11 January 2016

R.I.P Ziggy

   Rock music icon David Bowie has died, just days after his 69th birthday, which was coincidentally the release of his final album. If you want the full run-down on David Jones, google it or go to wikipedia. I'll just give a few points.
   He changed his name to David Bowie after Davy Jones with the Monkees got famous with that group. I was never a huge fan of Bowie's music, but I did like a few numbers. But regardless of my personal taste in music, I can't deny he made a huge, lasting impact on music and entertainment in the 5 decades he performed.
   He was in a very large part responsible for the "glam rock" movement in music with his Ziggy Stardust character, and his later work spanned everything from hard rock to a duet with legendary crooner Bing Crosby in 1977. Just the volume of his work alone will stand the test of time, with tunes like "under pressure", and his critically acclaimed performance in the Broadway adaptation of "Elephant Man".
   Bowie had been battling cancer for the past 18 months, and his publicist says he died peacefully, surrounded by family.
   Rest In Peace.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment