Monday 4 January 2016

Back At It

   After having last week off, I am in fact back at my desk today. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas, and will have a happy 2016.
   I must admit it was a little difficult getting up to head into the office this morning, since I'm used to sleeping in until 6:00 a.m. But things will get back to what passes for "normal" very quickly.
   I'm left wondering (rhetorically) why it is the day or 2 before you go on a break seem to drag on incessantly, while the time you have off goes by in a blink. Oh, well. A week off is a week of. Especially when it doesn't count against my regular vacation time later on this year. I am grateful for that.
   During my time off, I started a project I never thought I'd undertake. I purchased this 'project' back in December, and started it Christmas Day:
   I'm not going to let slip any clues about it, but suffice it to say it's taking longer than I anticipated. Which shouldn't come as a surprise, since I don't have the skill set needed to end up with something that looks even remotely professional. Not that I care too much if it does or not. It's never going to end up in the hands of a professional, and while looks do matter, it's how the thing performs when I get it done that counts.
   I'm about 1/3rd of the way completed on it, and have run into some problems, as you might expect. I also face a big issue in that one component does not fit into another within the tolerances I need it to, so I'll have to figure out some way of dealing with that. But otherwise, I'm fairly happy with it so far.
   And yes, I will blog about it (with updated pictures) when I get it done. Which better be soon, since my wife would like to get back the part of the kitchen I've taken over for the build. And no, that's not a clue, either.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment