Thursday 3 September 2020

Reconnecting

    We've all been there. That friend you had in high school moves away, and you lose complete touch, only to finally reconnect decades later. Such was my case this past weekend. I posted an item on a Facebook group I'm part of, and ended up getting a comment from a woman saying her brother, Bob, and I used to chum around a lot "back in the day". The last time I saw him was back in about 1982 or 83 when I spotted him in the restaurant of a Woolco store I worked at. I did say it was a long time ago.

   Anyway, through his sister, I did make contact with Bob, and we've messaged, and I gave him a call as well. Here's where it gets kind of interesting. I knew he'd moved to Utah from Alberta many years ago, but had no idea where. Speaking with him, he told me his sister, Nancy, moved to Perth, Australia after marrying a bloke from Down Under. As mentioned, she found me on a group set up for people who either live in, or used to live in, Calgary, Alberta, where we grew up. Will I keep in touch with both after all these years? Yes, I will.

   I guess the point of this whole thing is had it not been for a random encounter, we never would have met up again.


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment