Tuesday 5 September 2017

Back At Work

   It was a great week or so off, but I am back at it today. And I admit I accomplished a few things during the last week of my vacation, and got a few things checked off the "honey-do" list. Among those were calling a dry-wall company to look at some water damage to the ceiling in our living room, patching up a few holes made (by me...on purpose) in the columns outside the house for my wife's garden, and getting one of our kitties in for some dental work.
   I also scurried around the kitchen a bit, canning another batch of home-made salsa
   Which wasn't as watery as the batch I did last year. And, unlike last year, I actually followed the recipe correctly. One jar didn't seal properly, so I had to use that quickly. The rest is now ready for use.
   Another thing, and a culinary first for me, was making samosa's
   Which I had never done before. I did 2 batches, one chicken and rice, the other beef and potato. Both turned out well, although folding them was a bit of an adventure to say the least. I cut back on the spices, not adding curry, since my wife is not a huge fan of that particular flavour. Would I make them again? Yes. The process took me most of a day to get through them all, but they were more than worth it in the end.
   But now, it's back to work as we get set for a busy fall season.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment