Wednesday 2 December 2015

One Down At Least

   It's a project that's literally been sitting on our bedside table for 6 months. I bought a lamp at a store in Saskatoon way back in May. In October, I picked up the internal workings, lamp stem, socket, cord and lightbulbs. Finally, I finished it:

   There was a cost, though. Seems the support stem I bought was brass, and I ended up breaking my (only) hacksaw blade in the process of cutting it down from 12" to 4". And since my thought processes aren't always that good, I had to take the darn thing apart a few times when I realized I neglected to add (in the correct order) things like nuts to tighten the stem down with. But, in the end I persevered, and am quite pleased with the result.
   Next on the "honey-do" list:

   A towel bar in the bathroom that's been hanging like that for 2 years. (I procrastinate quite a bit.) Maybe I'll tackle that this weekend. If I can figure out how to remove it without ripping up the entire wall.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment