Thursday 10 December 2015

I Had To Share

   We here at our radio station often trade information with other outlets in the province, notable Regina and Saskatoon.
   I got this from our "partner" in Saskatoon, and simply had to share.
   The lengths some people will go to save their cell phone.
   In Saskatoon last night, a man called 9-1-1 saying he was stuck under the walkway of the Circle Drive South bridge.
   He told first responders he dropped his cell, and used a rope to rappel down from a walkway to get it.
   He got stuck 20 feet down at the base of a column.
   Firefighters sent down a blanket and hand warmers, and crews did manage to pull him out safely and unharmed.
   I've had cell phones for years, and while my wife thinks I obsess over them, I in fact don't. At least not to the point of trying to shimmy down a rope to retrieve it.
   I was never good at rope climbing, even in P.E classes in high school.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment