Tuesday 6 July 2021

I Don't Know About This

 

   An Ontario based distiller has decided to combine their whiskey with "a hint" of 12 year old Caribbean rum. Supposedly, it gives the whiskey a unique spicy taste. They don't say just how much "a hint" is, but it can't be much.

   I admit I used to enjoy a good 18 year old Canadian Rye from time to time, and my favourite rum drink was a "dark and stormy" (black rum and ginger beer). But mixing them together? I'm not sure. I know, people have been mixing booze for cocktails for a long, long time. Whiskey and sweet vermouth for a Manhattan, vodka, orange juice and Galliano for a Harvey Wallbanger, and the list goes on.

   I'll say my curiosity has been piqued by this, and if someone offered my a snort, I'd probably have one. But to go out and buy a bottle? The jury's still out. By the way, it rolls out in Ontario first, then the rest of Canada in a few months.


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment