Friday 24 November 2017

I've Felt Naked

   I've been on a weight loss kick for quite a while now, and it recently took a toll. I have not been on a program, and I still don't exercise. I've simply made some food choice changes. I used to scarf back M and M Peanut candies, and wash them down with a sugary soda or 3 every evening. Given my sedentary life-style, it won't come as any surprise that I ballooned outward.
   In fact, a number of years ago, my weight was north of 250 pounds, and I had to go to the Big and Tall store for pants. My waist was 50 inches around.
   By just cutting out the evening snacks (and watching my food intake in general), my weight is now south of 215, albeit only just, and I've shed 8 inches off my waist. I still have a paunch, or middle-age spread if you prefer, and I know I'll never get rid of it totally. But still it's progress, and in the right direction.
   It's also presented a problem I did not take into account. My wedding ring. It's gotten so loose that it was in dire danger of slipping off my finger completely, and vanishing somewhere. So, I took it in to one of our local jewellery stores to get it re-sized. I'll be honest, both my wife and I had to have them cut off and re-sized years ago due to weight gain. So, it's somewhat ironic that years later I'm having to have it shrunk a bit.
   I have to say, the ring finger feels awful without that little gold band. It's just the 2nd time it's been off in the nearly 35 years we've been married, and I miss having it on. That will be taken care of tomorrow, Saturday, when I pick it up from the jeweler.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment