Thursday 26 September 2013

Hello World!



   And welcome to my blog. A little about myself this time, before I get rolling on other items. I am, in fact, Craig Wallebeck, and I do have more than 30 years experience in radio, with most of them in Saskatchewan. I am currently in Yorkton, and spent 16 years in Regina. I've also worked in Thunder Bay, Ontario..Prince Albert, Sask. High River Alta, Prince George B.C and Peace River, Alta. As you can see, I've been around a bit.
   Working in this industry has provided me a great opportunity to meet, greet, talk with and sometimes grill people I would never have had the chance to in any other profession. I've been granted the chance to speak with Premiers in 4 different provinces, and I even had the chance to interview people who saw the John F. Kennedy assassination firsthand in Dealey Plaza in Dallas almost 50 years ago.
   And while it's great to be able to say that, what drives me, and continues to do so, is what some people call "the daily grind". Doing local stories, speaking to local people. That's the bread and butter of this industry, not doing the "Big Story".
   And now having the fantastic opportunity in Yorkton. I've been to all the fall "Supper in the Field" events, where we take a catered meal to an area farmer's place. These are marvellous, and the people I've met..with no exception..have been great.

TTFN (Ta-ta for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment