Friday 6 April 2018

It's Friday, January 87th, 2018

   I know, it's really April 6th. But when I rolled out of the house for work this morning, it felt more like early January. A dome of cold Arctic air, also called a "Polar Vortex", is still gripping a good chunk of the province. When I left home, it was -19 C, and the windchill was -31.
   And there's not much relief in store for the next day or so, either. Tonight it's supposed to dip down to -19 again, and only get up to -9 for a high Saturday. By Monday, though, warmer air will start flooding into the region, with a high of plus 1 in the forecast. Which will be more than welcome.
   I can't (or don't want to) remember the last time I had to put on my bog winter parka and ugly ear-flap hat in April, but I had to this morning

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment