Monday 23 October 2017

Time To Re-Tire

   No, I'm not retiring. But it is that time of year to re-tire, and put the winter skins
   On my little Lancer
   It's been a fairly nice October, despite a nasty wind-storm with gusts of 95 km/h in Yorkton. And the forecast for the early part of this week calls for a high of 14 C tomorrow. But the steady march toward winter continues, and with it the need to change my tires over again.
   It was only after getting to Yorkton I actually started putting winter tires on. In Regina, I simply relied on my 3-season radials, and never had any real problems. But ever since, I've always switched over, and wonder why I didn't in years past.
   Not that winter tires are the cure-all for the upcoming season. They're not. I still have to use good old fashioned common sense while behind the wheel when the snow flies and the roads get slippery. But they do give an extra little sense of protection.
   When I re-tire again in the spring, I'll need new 3-season skins. The ones I've got on the car now are getting a bit thin in the tread.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment